While this is a common enough question the answers can vary drastically. There are quite a few factors that can affect the cost of a website and it is often confusing so we want to dive into why that is and give you some simple answers.
As most of us realize websites are integral to business growth in this day and age. It is a vehicle for new sales and growth. When done right, a website becomes the hub for your marketing campaign. So investing in a new website is usually preceded by quite a lot of research. We would like to help you with some of the basics of what goes into a website and what the general costs could be.
Similar to a buying a vehicle, it is important to first have in mind what your needs are. Any vehicle will get you from point A to B and any website will display the information you put on it. When investing in a vehicle, it is important to consider the “extras” that might be needed for it to be productive for you on a daily, weekly, yearly basis. When we are talking a vehicle, some items that might factor into your decision could be: 4Wheel drive, really good gas mileage, good towing capacity, or third row seating. Really the list can go on and on and often we have to make the choice to sacrifice good gas mileage for greater towing capacity or the like.
Obviously the needs are different with a website, but the concept is the same. We are going to start with the basics and then cover some of the add ons that are available to enhance your website. Though one of the most exciting things about websites is that often you do not have to give up one great option for another.
The starting point for most of our websites is 7-10 pages which usually consist of the home page, about us, services, blog, staff, contact us page and sometimes a portfolio or a FAQ page. Typically the most viewed pages on any site are the “about us” page and the “contact us” page, it is always important to make sure they are given special care to ensure the content is what your prospects are looking for. It is easy for websites to grow from here with additional services pages or others but remember that drop down menus are often difficult to navigate on mobile devices. This is important to know because according to an article published by Google in May of 2015, more people are now using a mobile device to search the internet in 10 countries including the US and Japan than they are using a desktop computer.
The key to expanding a site and still keep it mobile friendly is through landing page and blog posts. Landing pages provide targeted information to people who are looking for specifics and provides them with a way to respond to a call to action directed to exactly what they are looking for. Blogs are dynamic ways to provide information about your products and services to people who are using the internet to research and educate themselves as they move through the buying cycle.
So let’s talk about some of the website packages that are offered here at Beacon Media + Marketing and then we’ll touch of some fun “add ons.”
- This standard site starts at $6,950. This package includes a custom designed website using WordPress, up to 12 pages including a blog roll page, assistance from our professional copywriters to make sure you content is SEO friendly, up to 10 professional stock images from our collections, Google Analytics set up, one professionally written blog to launch with the site, SEO optimization of the back end of the site.
- Our Premium website package starts at $8,850 and also provides a custom designed website using WordPress, up to 20 pages including a blog roll page, our professional copywriters will write the content for up to 5 pages, up to 20 professional stock images from our collections, Google Analytics set up, three professionally written blog to launch with the site, SEO optimization of the back end of the site. Our premium packages also include basic Parallax coding on the home page. Parallax creates a 2D effect because different layers move at different speeds (check out our home page for a deluxe Parallax effect).
We also offer our websites as part of our Inbound Marketing plans where the cost of the site is spread out in monthly increments over the life of the contract (one-year minimum). The website scope is based on the standard website package but also includes following items and full copywriting services. These plans compliment our social media marketing plans for best ROI.
- Standard Website Development & Marketing package is $695 and includes building the site (usually a 2-3 month process) and then ongoing marketing services as follows: 1.5 hours of maintenance, hosting, keyword and Google SEO maintenance, updates to WordPress security as needed, 1 new landing page per month, 1 SEO optimized blog (200 words) per month.
- Premium Website Development & Marketing package is $995 and includes building the site (usually a 2-3 month process) and then ongoing marketing services as follows: 1.5 hours of maintenance, hosting, keyword and Google SEO maintenance, updates to WordPress security as needed, 2 new landing page per month, 2 SEO optimized blogs (200 words) per month.
- Ultimate Website Development & Marketing package is $1,595 and includes building the site (usually a 2-3 month process) and then ongoing marketing services as follows: 2.5 hours of maintenance, hosting, keyword and Google SEO maintenance, updates to WordPress security as needed, 4 new landing page per month, 4 SEO optimized blogs (200 words) per month.
The packages listed above are designed to dovetail with our social media marketing packages for the best ROI for our customers.
There are ad-ons that are available for any of the above packages. These include:
- Professional, custom photo shoots
- Shopping carts
- Custom form set up
- Custom portfolio set up
- Parallax design for the home page
- Embedded movies on the home page
If you are interested in more information or want to know how a website can help you increase you company’s sales, we would love to talk to you. Give us a call at 907-563-6008 or drop us an email. We would love to hear from you.