At the tail end of a battle-weary 2017, when much of the world was growing tired of the neverending negativity spreading online, we decided it was time to make a move for change! In a small, back office at Beacon, a few of us discussed an idea for a campaign of positivity that both embodies everything we stand for and meets a need in our local community. Our brainchild was #ShineYourLight, an opportunity to put a spotlight on the many and the humble who are out there doing good for our hometowns!
"Our brainchild was #ShineYourLight, an opportunity to put a spotlight on the many and the humble who are out there doing good for our hometowns!"
Our #ShineYourLight campaign highlights the individuals and organizations who are making a difference in Alaska and Nevada. The goal is to raise awareness for the positive things that are happening right here, right now! Each week, we strive to focus on a different person and cause. You can help, and earn a little recognition for an organization you care about at the same time! Learn more about the process and use the form below to nominate yourself or someone you know who #Shines.
Who is more likely to be featured in #ShineYourLight?
- People who are making a genuine difference in Alaska or Nevada.
- People who have come up with a creative way to make change, or have simply been faithful with the little things for a long time!
- People who aren’t being nominated for an organizational or political agenda.
What happens after I submit my nominee?
- If your nominee has been selected for #ShineYourLight, they will receive an email regarding their nomination and a request to schedule a quick, 15-minute phone interview with Beacon.
- At the scheduled time, the interviewer will ask the nominee a shortlist of 5 questions and determine the best way to get a photo of the nominee.
- We would love a good photo or we can come out and take a sweet photo. Then we will post the #ShineYourLight to the Beacon blog, LinkedIn company page, Facebook page, and Instagram on the next available spot in the content schedules!
If you would like to know the status of your nomination, please give us a call at (907) 563-6008 in Alaska or 775-824-5626 in Nevada.