Primary Responsibilities: The Web Developer has primary responsibility for assisting the senior web developer in maintaining, coding, testing, and developing websites in a timely manner
Position is: Hourly, Non-Exempt, Full-time
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Supports: Account Managers, Project Managers,
Web Developer Accountability:
- Development of sites including the following
- Installing WordPress on hosting accounts for new sites
- Designing Websites, with the guidance of the Creative Director
- Coding and Development of entire website.
- Adding content to sites as directed
- Maintaining Beacon’s clients’ sites as directed by account managers and/or project manager
- Adhere to coding standards as defined by web department
- Complete tasks as directed within deadlines specified and be flexible to adjust to client deadline needs
The Web Developer has the authority to:
- Research and suggest latest technologies and best practices.
- Enact best practices in coding and development on websites.
- Inform Account Managers, Leadership, and Clients of current best practices in SEO and Website development
- Perform maintenance as needed on current websites, and track time to their account up to their subscribed maintenance package.
- All work will be performed according to company policies and standards, as well as in the vision and spirit of the company’s strategic objective, company story and positioning statement.
- All client materials and information will be held as strictly confidential outside the company. The information included in company documents and manuals is proprietary.
- All telephone calls, both internal and external, will be returned within one business day and within two hours whenever possible.
- Employees will provide staff assistance as requested, with a spirit of helpfulness. This means each employee may be asked from time to time to cover in other areas of accountability and/or departments as a matter of exception, not routine. This may include answering telephones, running appropriate business errands or filing as needed.
- Employees are encouraged to recommend ideas for the vision of the company, innovations and improvements within their department and position that are consistent with the company’s strategic objectives. Innovation is encouraged and will be an ongoing process.